- (1) All relevant laws regarding the handling of Personal Information shall be observed.
- In this regard, the Tokyo International Film Festival will observe the Personal Information Protection Act, related laws, and internal company regulations, and will base its handling of personal information on generally accepted procedures. These procedures will be amended as required by changes to the law or society.
- (2) Personal Information will be collected and used for limited purposes only.
- In the collection of Personal Information at this film festival, participants will be notified of the purposes for the use of such information, or these purposes will be made public. Personal Information will be handled in accordance with the following designated purposes:
- To confirm the purchase or delivery of festival tickets or other related products, and to undertake any follow-up services necessary.
- To confirm registration or to provide services related to the festival's registration and membership systems.
- To inform participants of private viewings and other events or services.
- To confirm subscription to email services or to provide other services.
- To amend or respond to inquiries from participants regarding any of the above products and services.
- To undertake any other procedures related to the above services.
- To analyze and produce statistical data, which does not disclose the Personal Information of specific individuals.
- (3) Personal Information shall be managed in a safe and thorough manner.
- In order to prevent the loss, damage, illegal transfer or falsification of Personal Information, company regulations will be maintained, and all necessary and appropriate measures will be undertaken to ensure the safe management of personal information.
In order to ensure the smooth operation of the film festival, certain functions have been delegated to outside companies. While Personal Information may be provided to these companies to the extent necessary for the performance of their functions, in these cases a contract will be executed to ensure the proper handling of such information, and such handling will be supervised.
- (4) Personal Information, in principle, will not be provided to third parties.
- At this film festival, Personal Information will never be provided to a third party, with the following exceptions:
- In cases of outsourcing, as outlined in (3).
- In cases where the permission of the individual has been obtained.
- In other cases stipulated by law.
- (5) Responses shall be made to all requests regarding Personal Information.
- The Tokyo International Film Festival will make every effort to maintain the Personal Information of participants in an accurate and up-to-date format. The disclosure or amendment of this information will be undertaken upon the direct request of the individual, and upon confirmation of his or her identity.
When a participant requests that the film festival suspend use of or deletes their Personal Information, such action will be taken within a reasonable period of time, and upon confirmation that the request was made directly by the relevant individual. The partial or complete suspension of use or deletion of a participant's information may unfortunately render the film festival unable to provide the requested services to participants. (Moreover, in some cases the suspension of use or deletion of Personal Information may be constrained by the relevant laws and regulations.)
President Junichi Sakomoto